womenswear pattern making
In this class you'll learn to analyse womens body shapes and to draft pattern blocks and variations for skirts, bodices, dresses, pants or jeans. You'll also learn specialised techniques, including dart manipulation and you'll complete a portfolio of womens garments.
Skill Level: All
This course suits all skill levels, but those with no sewing experience can expect to take longer. No pattern making experience is assumed.
Classes & Cost
11 weeks / 38.5 hours tuition / $825
11 weeks / 77 hours tuition / $1,595
Students will need to take more than one term to complete the course.
Class times are flexible: you can choose from weekday mornings, afternoons or evenings. Some Saturday classes are also available.
Mid-term enrolments are often possible. Please contact us and we'll do our best to fit you in.
For students enrolled in the professional program, longer classes or multiple courses, discounts may apply.
What You'll Learn
- Pattern making a basic block for a skirt to the individual’s measurements
- Design variations including pleating, circle skirts, flaring, panel skirts, wrap skirts, and gathering
- Pattern making a pants and/or jeans block to the individual’s measurements
- Design variations for pants such as pleating, pockets, yokes & cuffs
- Pattern making a basic bodice block
- Bodice variations including dart manipulation necklines, gathering, pleating, and colour blocking
- Pattern making for necklines, collars and sleeves
- Sewing techniques for hems, necklines, and pattern matching
- Body type analysis, garment design, fabric and colour selection
- Overlocker skills to learn quick sewing techniques and master stretch sewing
- Portfolio of completed skirts, pants, dresses and shirts.
There's nothing we love more than to see our students work in progress or finished creations!