Patternmaking for Womenswear
Term 1 – 29 January to 14 April 2018
Term 2 – 23 April to 7 July 2018
Term 3 – 16 July to 29 September 2018
Term 4 – 8 October to 22 December 2018
Mid-term enrolments may be available. Please contact the college for further information.
Course Session Times
Day – Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday
Evening – Tuesday, Wednesday
The courses run over four terms a year each of 11 weeks. Full-time students attend three days per week for 7 tuition hours a day from 8.30am to 4pm. Part-time students may attend for 3.5, 7, 10.5, 14 or 17.5 hours per week during the term. The program may extend over a number of terms depending on the content and attendance.
The recommended course may include:
- Pattern making a basic block for a skirt to the individual’s measurements
- Design variations including pleating, circle skirts, flaring, panel skirts, wrap skirts, and gathering
- Pattern making a pants and/or jeans block to the individual’s measurements
- Design variations for pants such as pleating, pockets, yokes & cuffs
- Pattern making a basic bodice block
- Bodice variations including dart manipulation necklines, gathering, pleating, and colour blocking
- Pattern making for necklines, collars and sleeves
- Sewing techniques for hems, necklines, and pattern matching
- Body type analysis, garment design, fabric and colour selection
- Overlocker workshop to learn quick sewing techniques and master stretch sewing
- Portfolio of completed skirts, pants, dresses and shirts
The course suits all skill levels, but those with no sewing experience can expect to take longer. No pattern making experience is assumed. There is a maximum of 8 students per teacher, so all students have the opportunity to receive individual attention and progress at their own pace.
$770 (3.5 hours per week for 11 weeks = 38.5 hours of tuition)
$1,540 (7 hours per week for 11 weeks = 77 hours of tuition)
$2,310 (10.5 hours per week for 11 weeks = 115.5 hours of tuition)
$3,080 (14 hours per week for 11 weeks = 154 hours of tuition)
$3,850 (17.5 hours per week for 11 weeks = 192.5 hours of tuition)
For more information on this course, please contact our college.