Tame Your Overlocker
NEXT WORKSHOP: 19 NOVEMBER 2017
An overlocker, or serger, is a versatile sewing aid that can intimidate even confident sewers. The sewing course gives an introduction to overlocker techniques and is designed to give students the confidence to use their machine to its full potential. During these fashion design workshops, students work on a number of samples that they join to make a cover for their overlocker. The cover is a reminder of what can be achieved and is a practical sample for your sewing room.
This course includes:
- How your overlocker operates
- Care and maintenance of your overlocker
- Overlocker threading
- Overlocker tension settings
- Four-thread overlocking
- Three-thread overlocking including rolled hems
- Two-thread overlocking
- Flat locking
- Demonstration of specialist feet for gathering, applying elastic, beading and hem finishes.
All our Sydney students are required to bring their overlocker to class.
6 hours (class size is limited to 5 students)
$175 (includes $25 workshop kit)
For more information on this course, please contact our college.