Make Your Own Swimwear
Term 1 – 29 January to 14 April 2018
Term 2 – 23 April to 7 July 2018
Term 3 – 16 July to 29 September 2018
Term 4 – 8 October to 22 December 2018
Mid-term enrolments may be available. Please contact the college for further information.
Course Session Times
Sessions are run each term on:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 8.30am – 4pm
Tuesday & Wednesday Mornings 8.30am – 12pm,
Tuesday & Wednesday Afternoons 12.30pm – 4pm and
Wednesday evenings 6pm – 9.30pm.
Students may attend from a half day to 3 days per week per 11-week term.
The course is designed to teach pattern making and garment construction for swimwear and exercise wear.
Garments completed in the course include bikinis, tankinis, full piece swimming costumes, exercise pants and tops. The course may also include sarongs, kaftans and wraps.
- Pattern block for a bodice which is the starting point for swimwear development
- Pattern drafting of blocks and patterns for:
- Bikini and tankini panties
- Bikini and tankini tops including bra style and triangle tops
- One piece swim suits
- Exercise pants and tops
- Development of patterns for garments the student wishes to make including sarongs, kaftans and wraps
- Pattern alterations required when dealing with stretch fabrics.
- Fabric and haberdashery selection for swimwear
- Stretch sewing techniques used in swimwear and exercise wear including the application of elastics, moulded bra cups, linings, and interlinings.
All skill levels are welcome but it is an advantage to have some basic pattern making and sewing skills before undertaking the course. Students who have not sewn before may take more time to perfect the techniques associated with swimwear.
$770 per term (one half-day per week)
$1,540 (one full-day per week)
The full and half day fees are multiplied by the number of half or full days attended for attendance between 2 and 3 days per week.
For more information on this course, please contact our college.