PATTERN MAKING CLASSES SYDNEY | FASHION DESIGN COURSES
PATTERN MAKING AND GARMENT CONSTRUCTION FOR WOMEN’S & MEN’S TAILORING
Term 1 – 31 January to 15 April 2017
Term 2 – 18 April to 1 July 2017
Term 3 – 18 July to 30 September 2017
Term 4 – 3 October to 16 December 2017
Mid-term enrolments may be available. Please contact the college for further information.
Course Session Times
Sessions are run each term on:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 8.30am – 4pm
Tuesday & Wednesday Mornings 8.30am – 12pm,
Tuesday & Wednesday Afternoons 12.30pm – 4pm and
Wednesday evenings 6pm – 9.30pm.
Students may attend from a half day to 3 days per week per 11-week term.
Jacket pattern making is an advanced course and is designed for the professional or home sewer who wants to produce professional looking tailored garments for both women or men.
While traditional methods are taught students are encouraged to use their creativity to produce original designs.
This course includes the construction methods described in our course Tailoring A Perfect Jacket Using Custom, Machine Or Fused Methods.
- Revision of the basic block for those wishing to design their own variations of the classic jacket
- Drafting of a suit block for those wishing to use a conventional pattern
- Pattern making to adjust the jacket block to include
- Single breasted, double breasted and asymmetrical styles
- Pocket styles and standard placement of jacket features
- Lapel and collar styles for notched and shawl collars
- 1,2 & 3 piece sleeves
- Facing and lining options with internal pocket placement
- Canvas, woven and fusible interlining patterns
- Fabric selection and handling.
Basic pattern making skills are required for entry into this course. We recommend Module 1 of our course Pattern Making and Garment Construction.
$770 per term (one half-day per week)
$1,540 (one full-day per week)
The full and half day fees are multiplied by the number of half or full days attended for attendance between 2 and 3 days per week.
For more information on this course, please contact our college.