SEWING CLASSES SYDNEY | FASHION DESIGN COURSES
MENSWEAR FOR A PERSONAL WARDROBE – PATTERN MAKING AND GARMENT CONSTRUCTION
Term 1 – 30 January to 15 April 2017
Term 2 – 18 April to 1 July 2017
Term 3 – 17 July to 30 September 2017
Term 4 – 3 October to 16 December 2017
Mid-term enrolments may be available. Please contact the college for further information.
Course Session Times
Day – Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday
Evening – Tuesday, Wednesday
The courses run over four terms a year each of 11 weeks. Full-time students attend three days per week for 7 tuition hours a day from 8.30am to 4pm. Part-time students may attend for 3.5, 7, 10.5, 14 or 17.5 hours per week during the term. The program may extend over a number of terms depending on the content and attendance.
The recommended course may include:
- Sewing machine and overlocking operation and skills
- Pattern making and construction of a T-shirt block and sleeve
- Stretch sewing skills including a faced neckline, application of ribbed edge finishes, v-necklines, plackets and cover- stitch hems
- Variations made with the T-shirt block including a jumper or sweat shirt
- Pattern making and constructions of blocks for boxer shorts, elastic waist pants and track suits
- Pattern making and construction of the casual shirt block including collars, sleeves, pockets, button fastenings and sleeve plackets.
- Pattern making and construction of a business shirt block including difference collar styles.
- Pattern making and construction of trousers or jeans including sample waist bands, zips and pocket styles
- Pattern making and construction of basic casual jacket styles
This course suits all skill levels but those with no sewing experience can expect to take longer. No pattern making experience is assumed. There is a maximum of 8 students per teacher, so all students have the opportunity to receive individual attention and progress at their own pace.
$770 (3.5 hours per week for 11 weeks = 38.5 hours of tuition)
$1,540 (7 hours per week for 11 weeks = 77 hours of tuition)
$2,310 (10.5 hours per week for 11 weeks = 115.5 hours of tuition)
$3,080 (14 hours per week for 11 weeks = 154 hours of tuition)
$3,850 (17.5 hours per week for 11 weeks = 192.5 hours of tuition)
For more information on this course, please contact our college.