Menswear pattern making
Whether it's a military-inspired overcoat, a classic white dress shirt, the perfect T-shirt or a pair of casual trousers, there's no reason why menswear design shouldn't be as original, innovative or well-constructed as its womenswear counterpart.
Skill Level: All
This course suits all skill levels but those with no sewing experience can expect to take longer. No pattern making experience is assumed.
Classes & Cost
11 weeks / 38.5 hours tuition / $825
11 weeks / 77 hours tuition / $1,595
Students will need more than one term to complete the program.
Class times are flexible: you can choose from weekday mornings, afternoons or evenings. Some Saturday classes are also available.
Mid-term enrolments are often possible. Please contact us and we'll do our best to fit you in.
For students enrolled in the professional program, longer classes or multiple courses, discounts may apply.
What You'll Learn
The recommended course may include:
- Sewing machine and overlocking operation and skills
- Pattern making and construction of a T-shirt block and sleeve
- Stretch sewing skills including a faced neckline, application of ribbed edge finishes, v-necklines, plackets and cover- stitch hems
- Variations made with the T-shirt block including a jumper or sweat shirt
- Pattern making and constructions of blocks for boxer shorts, elastic waist pants and track suits
- Pattern making and construction of the casual shirt block including collars, sleeves, pockets, button fastenings and sleeve plackets
- Pattern making and construction of a business shirt block including difference collar styles.
- Pattern making and construction of trousers or jeans including sample waist bands, zips and pocket styles
- Pattern making and construction of basic casual jacket styles.
There's nothing we love more than to see our students work in progress or finished creations!