Make Your Own Lingerie
Term 1 – 29 January to 14 April 2018
Term 2 – 23 April to 7 July 2018
Term 3 – 16 July to 29 September 2018
Term 4 – 8 October to 22 December 2018
Mid-term enrolments may be available. Please contact the college for further information.
Course Session Times
Sessions are run each term on:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 8.30am – 4pm
Tuesday & Wednesday Mornings 8.30am – 12pm,
Tuesday & Wednesday Afternoons 12.30pm – 4pm and
Wednesday evenings 6pm – 9.30pm.
Students may attend from a half day to 3 days per week per 11-week term.
The course is designed to teach pattern making and garment construction for lingerie and lounge wear.
Garments completed in the course include bras and panties, and may include body suits, corsets, camisoles, night wear and wraps.
Students who complete the flat making course may also learn to drape lingerie on a dress form.
- Pattern block for a bodice which is the starting point for lingerie development
- Pattern drafting of blocks and patterns for:
- Panties that may include a full brief, hip brief, bikini brief, thong or French nicker.
- Bras that may include styles with and without under wires, maternity and mastectomy.
- A body suit.
- Development of patterns for lingerie garments the student wishes to make including:
- A corset, a Basque, a bustier, or a Waspie.
- Camisoles, night dresses, pyjamas and wraps
- Pattern alterations required when dealing with stretch fabrics.
- Fabric and haberdashery selection for lingerie
- Stretch sewing techniques used in lingerie including the application of elastics, interlinings and laces.
- In respect of draped pattern making the course content consists of :
- Taping the dress form
- Preparing fabric and executing the drape
- Converting the drape to a pattern.
All skill levels are welcome but it is an advantage to have some basic pattern making and sewing skills before undertaking the course. Students who have not sewn before may take more time to perfect the techniques associated with lingerie.
$770 per term (one half-day per week)
$1,540 (one full-day per week)
The full and half day fees are multiplied by the number of half or full days attended for attendance between 2 and 3 days per week.
For more information on this course, please contact our college.