SEWING WORKSHOPS SYDNEY | FASHION DESIGN SHORT COURSES
HSC TEXTILE & DESIGN MAJOR WORK WORKSHOP
26, 27 AND 29 SEPTEMBER 2017
An introductory workshop on what is required for major works for the HSC, directed at Years 10, 11 and 12 students. This workshop is designed to assist students with the choice and execution of a major work for textile and design at HSC level. Students will receive information on major works selection. Time and skill level required to achieve their chosen project.
This course includes:
- HSC requirements for major works that achieve high marks
- Strategies to use projects in Year 11 to learn and finesse techniques for the year 12 major work
- Principles and elements of good design
- Choice and source of fabrics
- Garment construction techniques which will involve the production of a garment sample for a lined skirt with a zipper and a bodice with a collar and sleeve
- Altering techniques for a purchased pattern
- Fashion illustration using body templates. Students will produce samples that include textile rendering and shading to achieve 3-dimensional finishes.
- Mood boards and fashion communication.
- Fabric embellishments and resources available to assist with techniques.
- Garment costing
- Time allocation and the importance test and sample garments.
- Time permitting, specific sewing techniques may be sampled for students on the basis of the major works they are considering. Instruction may include application of bindings, hemming evening fabrics and lace work.
20 hours over 3 days
For more information on this course, please contact our college.