Our fashion drawing courses prepare you for a career in this exciting and ever-evolving industry. Students will gain a core understanding of design principles, from conception through to mood boards, design briefs, material selection and putting together a collection.
Classes & Cost
hsc mentoring Course Details
HSC Textiles & Design mentoring and tutoring is offered as part of our Saturday or weekday evening short course program. These sessions teach high school students the design and sewing skills required to complete their major work.
You'll receive expert tuition in pattern making, garment construction, illustration, the layout of mood boards and portfolio presentation, all geared to the area of speciality you've chosen for your major work. Our instructors are familiar with the HSC curriculum and will be able to guide you in the context of how your work will be assessed.
The HSC sewing tutoring program is also an ideal head start for students contemplating a career in fashion design. All skill levels are welcome and the course will be tailored to your own skill level.
What You'll Learn
- Drawing the 8 and 10 head fashion figure
- Movement and poses with the fashion figure
- Intensive work on body and facial features
- Drawing faces
- Drawing templates
- Drawing composition, shading and shadow
- Shading and shadow
- Dressing the fashion figure
- Colour and design theory and how this interacts with the drawn figure
- Colouring with pencils and markers
- Backgrounds and setting the mood for drawing specific styles of garments
- Technical drawing for garment specifications
- Mood boards, portfolios and PowerPoint presentations for use by design teams
- Fashion layouts for a range
- Presentation art using the exaggerated fashion figure to present garments and sell ideas and themes
- Flat drawing or line art using a proportioned fashion figure to present garment details for accurate pattern specification and sample making
Students are taught manual techniques and then may apply their talents to Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop to enhance their presentation skills.
Students and parents interested in the HSC workshop are invited to contact our Sydney college to discuss their requirements in person. Please feel free to email or call us on 02 9449 1450 and we'd be happy to tailor a program for you.