Fashion Illustration & Fashion Drawing
Term 1 – 29 January to 14 April 2018
Term 2 – 23 April to 7 July 2018
Term 3 – 16 July to 29 September 2018
Term 4 – 8 October to 22 December 2018
Mid-term enrolments may be available. Please contact the college for further information.
Course Session Times
Day – Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday
Evening – Thursday
Our fashion drawing courses in Sydney prepare you for a career in this exciting and ever-evolving industry. Students will gain a core understanding of design principles, from conception through to mood boards, design briefs, material selection and putting together a collection. Fashion drawing classes at our Sydney college address all aspects of the design process, giving students the platform to launch their own fashion label, design for leading brands and handle production upon graduation.
The recommended course may include:
- Drawing the 8 and 10 head fashion figure
- Movement and poses with the fashion figure
- Intensive work on body and facial features
- Drawing faces
- Drawing templates
- Drawing composition, shading and shadow
- Shading and shadow
- Dressing the fashion figure
- Colour and design theory and how this interacts with the drawn figure
- Colouring with pencils and markers
- Backgrounds and setting the mood for drawing specific styles of garments
- Technical drawing for garment specifications
- Mood boards, portfolios and PowerPoint presentations for use by design teams
- Fashion layouts for a range
- Presentation art using the exaggerated fashion figure to present garments and sell ideas and themes
- Flat drawing or line art using a proportioned fashion figure to present garment details for accurate pattern specification and sample making
Students are taught manual techniques and then may apply their talents to Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop to enhance their presentation skills.
The courses run over four terms a year each of 11 weeks. During the term, full-time students attend three days per week for 7 tuition hours a day from 8.30am to 4pm. A short course program may extend over a number of terms depending on the short course content.
Part-time students may attend for 3.5, 7, 10.5, 14 or 17.5 hours per week during the term. They may attend the course on a weekday, in the evening or on a Saturday. A short course program may extend over a number of terms depending on the course content and student attendance pattern. For more information on your study options for our fashion illustration courses in Sydney, please contact the college.
Students are taught individually or in small groups in a face-to-face environment equipped with specialised pattern making and computerised equipment. Our fashion portfolio courses in Sydney will also provide students with a detailed list of required materials before commencement. Students are allowed the flexibility to study at their own pace and will be offered extra and more specialised tuition in areas they find difficult. Students will receive advice on their progress at the end of each term.
$770 (3.5 hours per week for 11 weeks = 38.5 hours of tuition)
$1,540 (7 hours per week for 11 weeks = 77 hours of tuition)
$2,310 (10.5 hours per week for 11 weeks = 115.5 hours of tuition)
$3,080 (14 hours per week for 11 weeks = 154 hours of tuition)
$3,850 (17.5 hours per week for 11 weeks = 192.5 hours of tuition)
For more information on this course, please contact our college.