fashion illustration & drawing
Our fashion drawing courses prepare you for a career in this exciting and ever-evolving industry. Students will gain a core understanding of design principles, from conception through to mood boards, design briefs, material selection and putting together a collection.
Skill Level: all
Classes & Cost
11 weeks / 38.5 hours tuition / $825
Class times are flexible: you can choose from weekday mornings, afternoons or evenings. Some Saturday classes are also available.
Mid-term enrolments are often possible. Please contact us and we'll do our best to fit you in.
For students enrolled in the professional program, longer classes or multiple courses, discounts may apply.
fashion illustration & drawing Course Details
Fashion drawing classes at our Sydney college address all aspects of the design process, giving students the platform to launch their own fashion label, design for leading brands and handle production upon graduation.
What You'll Learn
- Drawing the 8 and 10 head fashion figure
- Movement and poses with the fashion figure
- Intensive work on body and facial features
- Drawing faces
- Drawing templates
- Drawing composition, shading and shadow
- Shading and shadow
- Dressing the fashion figure
- Colour and design theory and how this interacts with the drawn figure
- Colouring with pencils and markers
- Backgrounds and setting the mood for drawing specific styles of garments
- Technical drawing for garment specifications
- Mood boards, portfolios and PowerPoint presentations for use by design teams
- Fashion layouts for a range
- Presentation art using the exaggerated fashion figure to present garments and sell ideas and themes
- Flat drawing or line art using a proportioned fashion figure to present garment details for accurate pattern specification and sample making
Students are taught manual techniques and then may apply their talents to Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop to enhance their presentation skills.