Fashion Design Principles I
Term 2 – 23 April to 7 July 2018
Term 3 – 16 July to 29 September 2018
Term 4 – 8 October to 22 December 2018
Mid-term enrolments may be available. Please contact the college for further information.
Course Session Times
Day – Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays
Evening – Wednesdays, Thursdays
The recommended course may include:
- Elements of Design and their use in fashion
- Principles of design
- Effect of line in design and dress
- Optical illusion and dress
- Shapes and silhouettes and their effect on design
- Textures and the effect of light on fabric and design
- The colour wheel
- Colour, hue value, chroma and colour combinations
- Colour systems used in fashion to determine colours that suit an individual
- Proportions, visual scale, balance and unity of design
- Drawing and analysis of contemporary garments in terms of elements and principles of design
(*) Some fashion drawing skills are required to complete this course
The courses run over four terms a year each of 11 weeks. During the term, full-time students attend three days per week for 7 tuition hours a day from 8.30am to 4pm. A short course program may extend over a number of terms depending on the short course content.
Part-time students may attend for 3.5, 7, 10.5, 14 or 17.5 hours per week during the term. They may attend the course on a weekday, in the evening or on a Saturday. A short course program may extend over a number of terms depending on the course content and student attendance pattern.
Students are taught individually or in small groups in a face-to-face environment equipped with specialised pattern making and computerised equipment. Students are allowed the flexibility of study at their own pace and will be offered extra and more specialised tuition in areas they find difficult. Students will receive advice on their progress at the end of each term.
$770 (3.5 hours per week for 11 weeks = 38.5 hours of tuition)
$1,540 (7 hours per week for 11 weeks = 77 hours of tuition)
$2,310 (10.5 hours per week for 11 weeks = 115.5 hours of tuition)
$3,080 (14 hours per week for 11 weeks = 154 hours of tuition)
$3,850 (17.5 hours per week for 11 weeks = 192.5 hours of tuition)
For more information on this course, please contact our college.