PATTERN MAKING CLASSES SYDNEY | FASHION DESIGN COURSES
DRAPED PATTERN MAKING AND GARMENT CONSTRUCTION
Term 1 – 31 January to 15 April 2017
Term 2 – 18 April to 1 July 2017
Term 3 – 18 July to 30 September 2017
Term 4 – 3 October to 16 December 2017
Mid-term enrolments may be available. Please contact the college for further information.
Course Session Times
Sessions are run each term on:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 8.30am – 4pm
Tuesday & Wednesday Mornings 8.30am – 12pm,
Tuesday & Wednesday Afternoons 12.30pm – 4pm and
Wednesday evenings 6pm – 9.30pm
Students may attend from a half day to 3 days per week per 11-week term.
This course is designed for designers, dressmakers and home sewers who want to make basic and complex garments using draped pattern making.
The European method of pattern draping is taught. The dress form is taped at important design points like the waist, bust and centre front and then fabric is draped on the form to produce a pattern with the precision of a flat pattern while enabling the designer to better judge fit and proportion. This is an advanced pattern making technique and a working knowledge of flat pattern making is required for entry into this course. Students may complete basic blocks in class to refresh their pattern making skills.
This course may cover draping Jackets if the student has flat pattern making skills in that area. This course is a prerequisite for studying the course, Draped Pattern Making and Construction For Eveningwear and Bridal Wear.
- Taping the dress form
- Completing soft arms for fitting of garments with sleeves
- Padding a dress form to individual measurements if required.
- Design preparation, seam and pattern construction planning.
- Preparation of the dress form for draping
- Fabric preparation for draping.
- Draping techniques, marking drapes, enlarging and adding seam allowances.
- Verifying and completing draped patterns
- Sampling garments draped using couture and luxury ready to wear construction techniques.
- Patterns draped may include basic blocks, skirts, tops, dresses, strapless garments, casual coats and jackets.
Basic pattern making skills are required for entry into this course. We recommend Module 1 of our course Pattern Making and Garment Construction.
$770 per term (one half-day per week)
$1,540 (one full-day per week)
The full and half day fees are multiplied by the number of half or full days attended for attendance between 2 and 3 days per week.
For more information on this course, please contact our college.