Patternmaking for Childrenswear
Term 2 – 23 April to 7 July 2018
Term 3 – 16 July to 29 September 2018
Term 4 – 8 October to 22 December 2018
Mid-term enrolments may be available. Please contact the college for further information.
Course Session Times
Day – Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays
Evening – Tuesdays, Wednesdays
The courses run over four terms a year each of 11 weeks. Full-time students attend three days per week for 7 tuition hours a day from 8.30am to 4pm. Part-time students may attend for 3.5, 7, 10.5, 14 or 17.5 hours per week during the term. The program may extend over a number of terms depending on the content and attendance.
Our childrenswear design courses in Sydney cater to students who want to become experts in this emerging market or simply would like to make beautiful clothes for their own children. Childrenswear is not just a by-product of adult fashion anymore – elite fashion houses launch collections with a special focus on fun, modernism and recreating the vibes of childhood. Students will approach childrenswear as a specific market and observe its design principles, themes, choice of prints and much more.
The recommended course may include:
- Pattern making a basic block for a skirt, bodice & pants for children in a range of sizes
- Design variations including pleating, circle skirts, flaring, panel skirts, gathering and variations applied to childrenswear
- Pattern making a basic bodice block
- Bodice variations including necklines, gathering, pleating, and colour blocking for design variation
- Pattern making for necklines, collars and sleeves
- Sewing techniques for hems, necklines, applique and pattern matching
- Fabrics and colour selection
- Overlocker workshop to learn quick sewing techniques and master stretch sewing
- Portfolio of completed garments with master blocks for different age groups
- Regulatory requirements for the labelling and selling of childrenswear
This course suits all skill levels but those with no sewing experience can expect to take longer. No pattern making experience is assumed. There is a maximum of 8 students per teacher, so all students have the opportunity to receive individual attention and progress at their own pace.
$770 (3.5 hours per week for 11 weeks = 38.5 hours of tuition)
$1,540 (7 hours per week for 11 weeks = 77 hours of tuition)
$2,310 (10.5 hours per week for 11 weeks = 115.5 hours of tuition)
$3,080 (14 hours per week for 11 weeks = 154 hours of tuition)
$3,850 (17.5 hours per week for 11 weeks = 192.5 hours of tuition)
For more information on this course, please contact our college.